[Live-devel] Axis IP Camera AAC audio stream

i at iii.dontexist.com i at iii.dontexist.com
Wed Jul 23 09:37:38 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use OpenRTSP for grabbing Video and Audio of an Axis IP
Camera.

the Video is: "video/MP4V-ES" "a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000"

the Audio according to the Camera, is set to "AAC", it can be perfectly
played via RealPlayer.

Audio according to the log: "mode=AAC-hbr;" "a=rtpmap:97
mpeg4-generic/8000/1".

The problem is... OpenRTSP always exports the Audio stream, but its not
always can be parsed/converted. (Video is always fine.)

about 1 out of 5-6 attempts its actually 'works', and then mplayer can
play it with few little errors... and mencoder can convert it.

but most of the times, it just can't be processed, I've tried MPlayer,
MEncoder, FFMpeg, MKVMERGE. (MPlayer i've tried both stable source, and
latest SVN)

I just can't seem to get the exported AAC useable most of the times.

I've tried to: set framerate, export only audio, export to avi, set
width/height, "-s 5" "-b 1000000" , "-y" ... just couldn't make it work.

I'm using CentOS 5, tried one of the latest sources.... and the very
latest of 22/07/08

Any help or information regards this behavior, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Shai.