[Live-devel] MJPEG streaming through LIVE APIs not working

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 23 21:35:26 PDT 2008

>I am trying to grab x11 data and converted into MJPEG format with
>FFMPEG . Now when I stream the dumped file through LIVE555 its not
>working. RTSP server is created succefully but RTP module is not
>workin after SETUP .
>I simply referenced a testProg file , is there any thing special
>like parser or framer I need to write to make it working ???

We don't yet support streaming from a MJPEG file.  To support this,
you would need to write a parser/framer - a subclass of
"JPEGVideoSource" - that delivers JPEG frame data to a
"JPEGVideoRTPSource".

However, JPEG is a very poor (inefficient) codec for video streaming.
Other codecs - e.g., MPEG-4 - are much better.