[Live-devel] H.264 and QuickTime client

Maxim Petrov max at videonext.net
Fri Jul 25 07:16:14 PDT 2008

Hi Gents.

The topic of this message is little bit off-topic, but because it's
related to live555 software too I think I can describe my problem here.

We have implemented rtsp server using live555 framework. Also we are
using libx264 as encoder. Open source clients like VLC and mplayer can
get and play H.264 stream w/o any problem. So I think our implementation
of H264VideoStreamFramer is correct.

However QuickTime(7.4.5) is seems different story. RTSP negotiation
passed great, after PLAY command our server are sending stream to
QuickTime, and I even see control bar with progress of streaming. But no
video displayed. Even if I click on "pause" button, PAUSE command is
sending to our server... As I understand there is no problem with
network level, but for some reason QuickTime cannot decode stream.

Of course I do not ask how to solve my problem. I just wondering if
somehow had experience with QuickTime client and have problems like we?

I've just subscribed to quicktime-users mail list and will send questions there too...

Another question: anybody know about another (may be proprietary)
clients (except vlc, mplayer, quicktime) which can play H.264 over
RTSP/RTP.

--
Bye, Maxim.

We can solve any problem by introducing an extra level of indirection.