[Live-devel] RTSPServer: redeclaration and one cycle only

Renato MAURO (Libero) renatomauro at libero.it
Fri Jul 25 10:15:13 PDT 2008

Hi Ross.

    Don't worry, this is not an help request, only an explanation one.

    Watching this code

TSPServer*
RTSPServer::createNew(UsageEnvironment& env, Port ourPort,
        UserAuthenticationDatabase* authDatabase,
        unsigned reclamationTestSeconds) {
  int ourSocket = -1;

  do {
    int ourSocket = setUpOurSocket(env, ourPort);
    if (ourSocket == -1) break;

    return new RTSPServer(env, ourSocket, ourPort, authDatabase,
     reclamationTestSeconds);
  } while (0);

  if (ourSocket != -1) ::closeSocket(ourSocket);
  return NULL;
}

we see that 'ourSocket' is redeclared in the do-while loop.

1) I'm wondering if the redeclaration is intentional or not and so if the
last 'if' is useful or not.

2) Maybe it's my lack of knowledge: why write a single do-while cicle
instead of use an if-else structure?

Thank you very much,

    Renato MAURO