[Live-devel] Creating RTSP messages

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 2 23:02:27 PDT 2008

>Actually, I have already tried using openRTSP, but it doesn't serve
>my purpose, as it streams the data to the machine
>from where the request originates, whereas I want them to be
>redirected to some other machine with a different IP address.
>Can you help me configure openRTSP for that?

As I have explained repeatedly: You can't do this, because THE SERVER
WILL NOT LET YOU DO IT!  I.e., the server will not let a client
request that the stream be sent to a different machine, because that
could be used to do a denial of service attack.

There is nothing that you can do with "openRTSP" - or with any other
RTSP client - to make this happen.  The only way to support this is
to rewrite your server code (so that it becomes a security risk :-)