[Live-devel] How to mux a MPEG-4 video and audio stream into a MPEG-2 TS

Lonnie Walker lonnie.walker at apogeelabs.com
Tue Jun 3 06:08:15 PDT 2008

I'm trying to multiplex a raw MPEG-4 bytestream and AAC audio bytestream
into a MPEG-2 Transport stream. I have a test program in which I take
the audio and video streams and mux them together into a MPEG-2
Transport stream.

My program does successfully mux the video into a MPEG-2 TS. My problem
is that the audio doesn't play when I play the Transport stream back
using VLC. The video plays back fine, but I can't hear the audio. After
analyzing the Transport stream I was able to verify that there are PIDs
for both video and audio.

Does anyone know what steps are involved to multiplex a AAC stream into
a MPEG-2 Transport stream using live555?

Program is attached.

Thanks

Lonnie