[Live-devel] RTP Marker bit (M bit)

Tonje Fredrikson tonjefr at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jun 6 12:49:50 PDT 2008

Hi,
The testMPEG2TransportStreamer sets the use of marker bit to False. Is
there a specific reasoning for not using the marker bit? RFC2250 seems to
indicate it could be set on all last frames, but doesn't mention TS files
specifically from what I have understood.

Will it work so that the last frame has the marker bit set if changed to
True? If yes, and we continue transmitting more frames (for example from
another file source) is the marker bit automatically reset again when the
next RTP packet header is prepared?

Thanks for all help!

--
Tonje Fredrikson