[Live-devel] streaming video and audio via RTSP

Mike Gilorma mike.gilorma at apogeelabs.com
Mon Jun 9 14:02:35 PDT 2008

How do you go about streaming video and audio at the same time using
RTSP?  I want to stream two elemental streams that I got out of a mp4
file to VLC and have them playback just as if I was watching the
original file.  Using the testOnDemandRTSPServer I can open the video
stream in one instance of VLC and the audio stream in another instance
of VLC.  How do you put the pieces together?

I'm trying to write a simple program that can take video data and audio
data from a file (for now...) and stream them in some fashion so that
they can be payed back on a media player (like VLC) or received by
another program and broken back out into separate video and audio data.

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike