[Live-devel] Problems with streaming live h264 video on TI da Vinci platform.

Ishwar.Jasuja at jci.com Ishwar.Jasuja at jci.com
Tue Jun 10 10:46:48 PDT 2008

I ran into some strange timer manipulation problem while doing porting for
TI NDK and had to make following change.

#ifdef TIME_BASE
typedef TIME_BASE time_base_seconds;
#else
typedef int time_base_seconds;
#endif

With the original code ( typedef long time_base_seconds;), it would do 8
bytes subtraction(treating tv_usec as unsigned long long) while
executing the second line (highlighted code in following piece of code)
below. And that would screw up the value of the tv_sec  field which
is right before tv_usec field in the structure.

DelayInterval operator-(const Timeval& arg1, const Timeval& arg2) {
  time_base_seconds secs = arg1.seconds() - arg2.seconds();
  time_base_seconds usecs = arg1.useconds() - arg2.useconds();

  if (usecs < 0) {
    usecs += MILLION;
    --secs;
  }
  if (secs < 0)
    return DELAY_ZERO;
  else
    return DelayInterval(secs, usecs);
}

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ishwar

Mike Gilorma <mike.gilorma at apogeelabs.com>
Sent by: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com
06/10/2008 05:15 AM
Please respond to
LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at ns.live555.com>

LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Live-devel] Problems with streaming live h264 video on TI  da Vinci
platform.

I have one of those board here and was thinking about trying to port
live555 over to it.  Are you running Virtual Logix Linux or did you
actually port it over to the DSP?  If you can send me your test code or
project I can help debug.