[Live-devel] Getting PTS values of the Video Frames Using openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 11 23:14:16 PDT 2008

>I am using openRTSP client and livemediaServer to receive MPEG4
>Elementary stream. I have written my own programme to play openRTSP
>received packets in REAL time.For that I need  PTS values of each
>frame. But what I am finding that the PTS values of the frames are
>not getting changed (it is showing only on fixed value.)

How are you getting the 'PTS' values?  You should be using the
"presentationTime" parameter that's passed to your sink's 'after
getting' function.  If you're using an unmodified "openRTSP", then
you won't be able to get this information from the output file
(unless you use the "-m" option, of course).  Instead, you'll need to
write a new "MediaSink" subclass that uses the "presentationTime"
parameter when deciding when to display each frame.