[Live-devel] RTCP Synchronization information

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 17 21:10:46 PDT 2008

>Ahh, I realized that after I posted the message - that's perfectly
>applicable for when I have an RTPSource feeding into my sink object,
>but for my audio situation, the SimpleRTPSource gets fed into an
>EndianSwap16 filter before going into my sink - in that case, its
>not possible to do that typecasting;

OK, but you can still do this.  Here are new instructions that should
work for you:

1/ Call "MediaSink::source()" to get the sink's source object (as a
(FramedSource*)).
2/ Cast this to a (FramedFilter*) (which you can do iff you know that
it really is a FramedFilter, of course)
3/ Call "FramedFilter::inputSource()" to get the filter's source (as
a FramedSource)
4/ Cast this to a (RTPSource*) (which you can do iff you know that it
really is a RTPSource, of course)
5/ Call "RTPSource:: hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()"

>Also, I was wondering if there was a searchable version of the
>live-devel archives? There are times when I would like to just
>search the messages first, before posting to the group

The archives that we host aren't currently searchable, unfortunately.
But perhaps someone who's subscribed to the list has made their own
searchable archives??  If so, please let us know.