[Live-devel] segfault in DelayQueue::removeEntry()

Paolo Prete p4olo_prete at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 23 04:12:04 PDT 2008

--- Ven 13/6/08, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> ha scritto:
Da: Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
Oggetto: Re: [Live-devel] segfault in DelayQueue::removeEntry()
A: "LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use" <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
Data: Venerdì 13 giugno 2008, 07:15

Re: [Live-devel] segfault in
DelayQueue::removeEntry()should the sanity check, at the beginning
of the function, be patched in the following  way?

- if (entry == NULL || entry->fNext == NULL) return;

+ if (entry == NULL || entry->fNext == NULL || entry->fPrev == NULL) return;

In principle, this shouldn't be necessary, as it should never be
the case that "entry->fNext" is non-NULL, but
"entry->fPrev" is NULL.

So, I don't understand how your error could have occurred.
I hope you're not doing something dumb like trying to access a queue
from multiple threads?

Puzzling...
--
yes, you're right :-( . I used a thread-unsafe operation (not so dumb, but unsafe)

thnks

Paolo