[Live-devel] Multicast Streaming again

Marian Kogler m1kogler at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Tue Jun 24 01:29:41 PDT 2008

Hello again!

I have recently posted a mail concerning multicast streaming over two different ip addresses and
the same port.
(e.g. ip 1: 239.255.42.42 .. port: 5008
ip 2: 239.255.42.43 .. port: 5008)
When i tried to receive the right streams the two streams got merged.
Source Specific Multicast was not a solution for me!
You told me that I should use another OS (former OS: Ubuntu 7.10), because
it is responsible for this and not the live library.
Now my question:
Which is the right OS? Can I use "Red Head Linux Enterprise 4" , without sending  two streams to two different ports?
I hope you can help me!