[Live-devel] Still working on a h264 framer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 27 00:19:19 PDT 2008

>The reason why you're stream doesn't work in Quicktime is because
>QuickTime expects something called SDP Parameters - its text that
>describes the stream, and in the case of H.264,
>Quicktime looks into this SDP list to find the SPS and PPS
>information (See RFC Spec section on sprop parameters)
>
>You will have to parse your H.264 file, find the SPS and PPS Nal
>units, (usually they're the first two units in the stream) and
>according to the RFC Spec, base64 encode and append it to your SDP
>Parameters

More specifically, you should:
1/ Encode each of these NAL units into a text string, using Base-64.
(For this, you can use our own library function "base64Encode()".)
2/ Concatenate these strings together, using "," as a separator
3/ Pass the resulting string to "H264VideoRTPSink::createNew()", as
the "sprop_parameter_sets_str" parameter