[Live-devel] Multicast Streaming again

Aeschbacher, Fabrice Fabrice.Aeschbacher at siemens.com
Fri Jun 27 03:06:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

We already experienced the same problem. We found two different
solutions:

1) Kernel path for the udp driver (see attachment)

2) Do NOT bind with INADDR_ANY but with the multicast address:

 // Following DOES NOT work as expected: the socket will become
 // datagrams from ALL multicast addresses on the same port
 //saddr.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_ANY); // bind socket to any
interface

 // Whereas following works: socket will only see datagrams
 // from 'multicast_addr'
 saddr.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(multicast_addr);

 status = bind(sock, (struct sockaddr *)&saddr, sizeof(struct
sockaddr_in));

Solution 1 implies to rewrite a new patch for every new kernel, but
implies no modification to live555

Solution 2 can be used with any kernel, but needs to patch live555.

Best regards,
Fabrice Aeschbacher