[Live-devel] audio/x-Purevoice problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 1 23:54:43 PST 2008

>On 12/02/2008, Raphael Clifford <clifford at cs.bris.ac.uk> wrote:
>>  On 12/02/2008, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
>>   > See
>><http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#payload-format-not-supported<
>>   > --
>>
>>  Thanks. It's a real shame that a university would use such a format
>>   which seems to make it unplayable under linux by any means.
>>

>I noticed this.  I don't know if it is detailed enough but thought I
>should mention it.
>http://community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/rfc/rfc2658.html

That is the RTP payload format for the "audio/QCELP" media type (see
section 4.1.20 of RFC 3555).  It turns out that we support this
(using the "QCELPAudioRTPSource" and QCELPAudioRTPSink" classes).
However, we do *not* support the "audio/x-Purevoice" media type,
because there is no known document that defines this.  It is possible
(in fact, likely) that this is the same RTP payload format as
"audio/QCELP", but I can't say for sure.

If you are confident that these are, in fact, the same RTP payloaf
format, then you could change line 672 of
"liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp" from
	if (strcmp(fCodecName, "QCELP") == 0) { // QCELP audio
	if (strcmp(fCodecName, "QCELP") == 0 || strcmp(fCodecName,
"x-Purevoice") == 0) { // QCELP audio