[Live-devel] streaming rtp packets containing analysis information through livemedia

Manju TN manju.tn at sasken.com
Sun Mar 2 20:49:31 PST 2008

Thanks for your reply.

I am planning to define new rtp payload. The analytics information is
niether audio nor video but could be some binary data or text string ...
this is still undecided. Since the data wont be a standard audio or
video, I am planning to define new rtppayload (in the range between
96-127,say 99).
For this should I need to implement a particular RFC ? I already have
the implementation code for payloadformat type 98 and hoping to
implement on the same lines.But I dont know what all should I typically
implement....especially to wrap the packet into a standard rtp header
which must eventually be streamed to my client.
Or is there a different approach to achieve this, like use any of the
existing field in the rtp header (in my existing implementation)to
identify these special packets and handle them accordingly in my client
?
I tried changing the mime type text string(while streaming these special
packets which occurs once in a while) in the existing implementation but
the streaming stopped.

Thanks,
TN