[Live-devel] How to detect that RTPSource has not received data for a while

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Tue Mar 4 07:13:51 PST 2008

Hi,

we use live555 as a client receiving videos from RTSP servers. The
servers are MPG4 encoding boxes that are rather unstable and can crash
abruptly terminating the network connection.

As a workaround I plan to close RTSPSource if it has not received any
data within the given timeframe. The question is how to do that from
the client code? I was hoping that RTSPSource or RTCPInstance allowed
to define a liveness hook for that, but I have not find a support for
that. I guess I missed something.

Thanks in advance, Igor.