[Live-devel] RTP to Transport Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 4 23:10:27 PST 2008

>No, the network is clean. It appears that there is a problem in
>timestamp conversion from RTP packets to PES packets.
>I had to modify MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp, exclude PTS
>from the PES header by assigning
>             fInputBuffer[7] = 0x00;   // instead of 0x80
>             fInputBuffer[8] = 0;        // instead of 5
>and adjusting
>             #define SIMPLE_PES_HEADER_SIZE 9 // instead of 14
>in order to make it work.

That's strange.  This has not been a problem for our own use of
"MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" (in our "wis-streamer"
application).  Note also that these presentation timestamps still end
up getting used as the PCR values in the resulting Transport Stream
(they just don't, with your modification, get put in the PES header),
so there appears to be nothing wrong with those presentation times
per se.