[Live-devel] Stream State & FEC

Cihat Goktug Gurler goktuggurler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:40:43 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to implement FEC for a MultiFramedRTP stream. For this purpose I
added another subsession with the same source file. That additional
subsession will be fed to a FEC Encoder at MultiFramedRTPSink object. RFC
standard requires that RTP headers are included in FEC therefore I can not
implement FEC as a filter.In order to generate same RTP datagram in the
additional subsession (Fec Subsession) I need to set the timestamps and
sequence numbers of the FecSubsession to the corresponding values in the
original subsession. That is where I fail. I can not access to the RTPSink
object of the original subsession from the FEC subsession.

The FEC subsession has access to the original one through a pointer named as
fMasterSubsession. But even that does not seem to be adequate to access to
RTPSink of it. The subsession seems to be unaware of its streamstate (which
has access to RTPSink)

I can modify the original source codes and change private variables into
public but I want to implement it with minimum modification on the original
source code.

Thanks in advance,

Goktug Gurler