[Live-devel] Custom live DeviceSource and custom scheduler problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 10 14:29:32 PDT 2008

>1) What is the difference between having one media subsession and
>multiple ones.

Really, nothing, except that - with multiple streams - you have more
events to potentially handle within your event loop.

>  ( Both video and audio stream fine when only one session exists in
>the subsession)

Make sure that you're not doing anything - when handling one stream -
that might be starving out events from other streams.  In particular,
you should not be doing any 'busy waiting' (sittling in a loop,
polling).  Remember that in an event-driven system, like this, all
I/O should be asynchronous, handled only in response to events
occurring within the event loop.

>2) From what I understand a PassiveServerMediaSubsession is to be
>used when multicasting media so it should be no problem adding more
>than one media subsession to the PassiveServerMediaSubsession?

Correct.