[Live-devel] playing files not in the current directory

Josh Norell josh at kci.net
Tue Mar 18 07:29:49 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm using live555MediaServer to do some RTSP streaming, but it's not
apparent to me how, or if you can, play files that arn't in the current
directory. eg. live555MediaServer is running in /dirA, but I want to
play /dirA/dirB/dirC/video.ts.

the MediaServer says "RTSP/1.0 404 Stream Not Found". I strace'd the
process, and if I asked for the file above, MediaServer would look for
the file "dirA".

I found this listing:
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2007-June/007018.html
but that didn't provide a definate answer.

Can this be done, and if so what do I need to do?

Thanks,
Josh