[Live-devel] Paths in RTSP requests

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Wed Mar 26 02:14:36 PDT 2008

Hi to all, I' d like to serve live RTSP streams with a complex pathname
instead of a simple filename.

Let me clarify:

How I do now:

MPEG4 streams: rtsp://host/mpeg4stream[number]
H263 streams: rtsp://host/h263stream[number]

What I'd like to do:

MPEG4 streams: rtsp://host/video/MPEG4/stream[number]
H263 streams: rtsp://host/video/H263/stream[number]

Please note the filenames pathnames are "virtual", i.e. they don't
exist. Every stream is associated to a live source read from a
configuration file, and it has no correspondent in the file system
(either in the first and in the second scenario).

Problem is, I can pass a complex pathname (with slashes) to
ServerMediaSession::createNew, but when I try to make the corresponding
RTSP request, server says "404 not found".
This doesn't happen with a simple (no slashes) filename (although the
file does not exist in the filesystem).

Regards,

Cristiano.

--