[Live-devel] Why H264 annexB bytestream transported incompletely?

Andreas Färber faerber at pi4.informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Fri Mar 28 01:59:17 PDT 2008

Hello,

Am 28.03.2008 um 09:15 schrieb Felix:

>    I have been trying to stream H264 annexB bytestream with
> livemedia, and have made little progress these days.
>    My own xH264VideoStreamFramer(subclass of H264VideoStreamFramer)
> and H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession have been done.
>
>    To check my classes, I modified live555MediaServer, and use it as
> the server while openRTSP as client for test.
>
>    But when running, the bytestream cannot be transported
> completely. Only the first few datas can be received. What puzzles
> me more is that the amount of datas received is variational.
>    The size of  H264 annexB bytestream file on the server is 70574
> Bytes, sometimes the receiver can only receive the first 48KB, or
> sometimes 68KB. 70574B can rarely been received completely.
>
>    I also compare the data received on client with the bytestream
> file on the serever, and found that these data are just the first
> part of the bytestream.

I have been working on a H.264 annex G video stream framer. For me,
the last access unit is not being transmitted, and I attribute this to
my file parsing code, which by nature of the live library does not
recognize the end of the file properly and therefore does not reach/
mark the end of the last access unit.

Regards,

Andreas