[Live-devel] Streaming whit vlc by rtp

Francesco Matassoni tubo.catodico at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:02:36 PDT 2008

In data 12 maggio 2008 alle ore 17:52:02, Ross Finlayson
<finlayson at live555.com> ha scritto:

>> Hi, i need some hints to create a client-side application that receive
>> *.ts file by rtp and save it into file, the rtp stream came from vlc.
>> It is possible to do this whit the live555 library?
>
> Yes: http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/

Maybe i was wrong, but i don't think that the "openrtsp" is what i need. I
explain it better; i must read the data (raw data) from an rtp source
(vlc), so i extract the payload from the rtp packet and put it togheter
into the same file(). This because in the real application i must protect
this data; so i extract them from the rtp one packet at time, protect
them, and forwarding them by using some protocol. In order to test if the
first part of the program work i must save the rtp stream to file. I know
that the architecture is very complicated (and maybe not optimized) but is
not mi choice, i'm a student and that is the request of the prof. Hello
again and thank you for your patience.

--
Creato con il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/