[Live-devel] openRTSP shutdown

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 23 12:24:08 PDT 2008

>Hello
>
>I'm using openRTSP to stream RTP/RTCP over TCP a video from a IP
>camera (Axis 207) and after a while the openRTSP stop
>
>The openRTSP send TEARDOWN rtsp://axis:554/mpeg4/media.amp/ RTSP/1.0
>And I don't understand why I
>
>Is there a BUG ???

Unlikely.  "openRTSP" is sending a RTSP "TEARDOWN" request because it
thinks that the stream has ended.  It probably thinks that the stream
has ended because either (1) the server sent a RTCP "BYE" packet
(telling it that the stream ended), or (2) the elapsed time exceeded
the stream duration specified in the SDP description (that was sent
by the server in response to the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command).

If you send us the full RTSP protocol exchange (printed by
"openRTSP"), we will be able to tell you exactly what happened.