[Live-devel] Question about testRelay

Jarek M barcode at o2.pl
Mon May 26 08:01:41 PDT 2008

Howdy. I'm wondering if testRelay could be modified to forward unicast connection.
I'm trying to set it up, such that I could forward a unicast stream via TCP from the broadcaster to the recipient.

Basically, I'm tryin to figure out how to forward TCP streaming from a computer behind a firewall to another computer behind a firewall.
One way to do it, is to set up a proxy place - to which a broadaster and the recipient could connect.
I understand that establishing a direct connection betw. two, different computers that are on two different LANs (and behind a FW) would not be possible.

Has anyone tried something like that (where the sender and the recipient both connect to the proxy point using TCP and the sender sends RTP audio stream to the recipient)?

Regards ...
Yaerek