[Live-devel] Using Open RTSP to receive live webcam feeds

manas lenka manas_ec007in at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 27 06:29:46 PDT 2008

Hello all,
             I am trying to receive live webcam feeds using openRTSP. Following is
my setup. In PC I'm capturing video and audio through a webcam and mike using
VLC player and am streaming the file to the network using the RTP option in VLC.
In another PC I'm trying to receive the streams using openRTSP by the following
command:
./openRTSP <url>.
First it complained saying that the url (which is just an IP address) is not of the
form rtsp:// for which I change the address in VLC setting to rtsp://<IP addr>. Then
I ran the above command to which I got an SDP error saying that no response.

Has anyone faced this problem???? Where am I going wrong. All help is
appreciated.... Also I'm able to receive the webcam feed using VLC in the
second PC so I know my setup is correct. Just dont know how to do it in
openRTSP.

Thanks in advance,
Manas Kumar