[Live-devel] Load balance using DSS

Vadim vadimp at pochta.ru
Tue May 27 22:30:30 PDT 2008

  Hi,

  I'd like to create a load balanced system that streams from live
networked source,

  using a number of Darwin nodes ( rtsp over http incapsulations).

  The live source stream should be accessed only once, by a kind of
stream duplicator/relay.

  I have to ideas:

  1. Using DarwinInjector in 1-to-N unicast method.

  2. Using MPEG4VideoStreamer based module utilizing multicast.

  Both methods will use relaying capabilities of DSS (I suppose this
is the right way)

  (using the xml configuration or some other method ???)

  All the nodes of the system are located in the same "local"
network.

  Is this right way to create such high availability system, or some
different arcitechtures exist?

  Regards,

  Vadim Punski