[Live-devel] Live555 jpeg streaming (1 pic per sec)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 29 11:47:47 PDT 2008

>How can i use the live555 to stream one jpeg per 1 second.
>I had tried this with a thread and this thread wait 1 sec everytime
>but in Wireshark i see that the jpegs are sending every 4 sec.
>
>Which parameters in the Live555 and how can i  set  it for realizing  that?

First, if you haven't already done so, read the posts linked to here:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming

Your subclass of "JPEGVideoSource" (you will write this subclass)
must implement the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function.  This
function - when it delivers each JPEG frame - should also:
1/ Set "fPresentationTime" (e.g., using "gettimeofday()")
2/ Set "fDurationInMicroseconds" (in your case, to 1000000)

Step 2/ is not essential if you are streaming from a live source, but
might explain the problem that you are seeing.