[Live-devel] Streaming the same MEPG2 file circularly, only audio but no video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 1 23:08:27 PDT 2008

>I use testOnDemandRTSPServer, and change it to read from "stdin". My
>other application read a MEPG2 file circularly, and pipe it to
>testOnDemandRTSPServer. I use VLC as player to read the stream via
>RTSP.
>
>1)The server can work very well at the first time, however, at the
>second time, that is replaying the same video, I found that there is
>only audio but no video. I tried to use other format like mp4, the
>same problem also appears.
>
>2)I tried to change the reading position by setting the offset of the
>file to simulate the package losses, there is also only audio but no
>video appearing.
>How can I solve this problem?

Is your source data a MPEG Program Stream, or a MPEG Transport Stream?

Do you get the same problem if you create a new file by concatenating
together two or more copies of the original file, and then stream
directly from this new file (rather than from stdin), using the
original, unmodified "testOnDemandRTSPServer"?