[Live-devel] Binding to a specific interface

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 4 18:09:46 PST 2008

>     I have a system that has multiple Ethernet interfaces. How can I
>bind mediaserver to a specific interface. For instance, I have two
>interfaces: 192.168.0.1 and 10.0.0.1. I would like media server to
>be available to only the systems attached to the 10.0.0.x physical
>interface. Any ideas?

First, *do not* send the same question to the mailing list more than once!

There's no current way to do what you want using the pre-built
"live555MediaServer" binary; however, you can do this by modifying
the source code:

Add
	ReceivingInterfaceAddr = our_inet_addr("10.0.0.1");
to the start of your code (e.g., at the start of the "main()" function).