[Live-devel] Binding to a specific IP number

Steve Jardine sjardine at acm.org
Wed Nov 5 10:05:02 PST 2008

Added the code below to live555MediaServer.cpp right after main()., It yields this when compiled:

live555MediaServer.cpp:26: error: ‘ReceivingInterfaceAddr’ was not declared in this scope
live555MediaServer.cpp:26: error: ‘our_inet_addr’ was not declared in this scope

   Adding it to GroupsockHelper.cpp in place of:
//netAddressBits ReceivingInterfaceAddr = INADDR_ANY;

   compiles, but yields:

Failed to create RTSP server: bind() error (port number: 8554): Cannot assign requested address

  when run. Ideas?

   Thanks,

      Steve