[Live-devel] MJPEG Streamning,SDP for MJPEG

ajitjohn ajitjohn at tataelxsi.co.in
Sat Nov 8 21:33:31 PST 2008

Hii all,

	I have written a MJPEG packetizer based on rfc 2435 and i am able to stream
mjpeg packet through the network using udp  and on the client side i am
receiving through VLC player.VLC player is receiving the packets

Stream and Media info

Read at media :123456 kB
Input Bitrate:15000 kb/s
Demuxed :
Stream Bitrate:

first  and second fields are changing, so i have inferred  that the packets
are correctly received but its not able to demux those packets.Is this
because i am not using a correct sdp? or Can anyone tell me whether RFC 2435
is supported in vlc player.

Can anyone send me a valid mjpeg SDP file.

I am using rtp header ,followed by rfc 2435 header and the payload data in
all packets .Is my understanding correct?

I am using RTP Payload type as 26 for mjpeg .

Regards,
Ajit.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.