[Live-devel] bug in BasicTaskScheduler.cpp ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 10 16:01:47 PST 2008

To my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with the current
"BasicTaskScheduler" code.

Did you upgrade to the very most recent version (2008.11.04) of the
code?  That version fixed a bug similar to what you seem to be
seeing: sockets were sometimes not being closed (and their associated
event loop handlers not being removed) when streaming RTP-over-TCP.

Note that any time a socket gets closed, its associated event loop
handler should also get removed (using
"TaskScheduler::turnOffBackgroundReadHandling()"), so that it does
not get looked at again by "select()".  I believe that the current
version of the code does this properly.