[Live-devel] New feature patch: PollingBasedTaskScheduler

Alex Cichowski alex.cichowski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 23:01:40 PST 2008

Dear Live555 developers,

Please find attached a patch that adds an additional task scheduler
named "PollingBasedTaskScheduler" to BasicUsageEnvironment. This
scheduler can be used for performing updates in a polling fashion,
i.e. without any blocking like BasicTaskScheduler does due to its use
of a nonzero timeout when calling select().

Such a strategy is useful when RTSP is not the only thing the
application is doing. I feel this may be a common requirement, so I am
submitting this patch in the hope that others may find it useful.

Also attached is a minor patch for MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer
which allows the user to retrieve the keyframe status of the last
processed frame.

These patches are against live.2008.11.13.tar.gz.

Regards,
Alex