[Live-devel] RTCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 26 06:00:37 PST 2008

>I want send RTCP report to my server.
>So, I call myRTCTInstance->sendReport

You don't need to do this.  Just creating a "RTCPInstance" for your
"RTPSource", and RTCP (Reception) reports will get sent
automatically.  You should never call "RTCPInstance::sendReport()"
yourself.

>  but It send UDP packet to a multicast adress (224.2.2.2) and not at
>server unicast adress.
>Why?

Because that's the way that RTCP works for ASM ("any-source
multicast") sessions.

>My server send me packet on 6666 port( audio) and 8888 port (video),
>so I store packets rtp in two files.
>Every for example 100 received packets, I want send an rtcp report
>to sync audio and video when I relay this packets to another client!

Only the server sends such RTCP reports; clients do not.