[Live-devel] RTSP authentication for a 'real' stream?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:00:38 PDT 2008

2008/10/9 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:
> The authentication is not the problem; it is working perfectly.
>
> The problem is shown by the following error lines:
>
>> Unable to create receiver for "video/X-PN-REALVIDEO" subsession: RTP
>> payload format unknown or not supported
>> Unable to create receiver for "audio/X-PN-REALAUDIO" subsession: RTP
>> payload format unknown or not supported
>
> The FAQ explains what's wrong here; I'll let you read it to get the answer.

Ahh... I had thought that these lines were not significant (for some reason).

How can I dump the stream to file in order to open the file with real
player or mplayer? Is this possible? Part of the problem (I think) is
that authentication fails with mplayer, so it would be convenient to
use LIVE555 to just dump the file.

Thanks for the pointer to the FAQ - I was getting confused because of
the different mplayer / vlc / etc. problems / error messages!

Dan.

http://network.nature.com/profile/dan