[Live-devel] Streaming relaying

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 9 11:32:56 PDT 2008

>I want relaying rtp packets unicast->unicast stream...
>I'm live555 newbie, can You give me tips?
>
>I already see your example testRelay.cpp but it's a
>multicast->unicast relayng!

Please *do not* post the same question to the mailing list more than
once!  (Because of this, all future postings from you will be moderated.)

None of our demo applications do unicast->unicast relaying.

However, if the input stream's destination port number is known in
advance (i..e, you're not using RTSP to initiate the stream), then
you *may* be able to get our "testRelay" demo application to work by
changing "inputAddressStr" to "0.0.0.0" (and, of course, setting
"inputPort" appropriately).

If you're using RTSP, then things are more difficult.  You can't
easily do raw-UDP-level relaying, but you could do RTP payload
relaying by replacing "FIleSink" with an appropriate "RTPSink"
subclass, for each stream.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>