[Live-devel] RTSP authentication for a 'real' stream?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:59:13 PDT 2008

2008/10/9 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>

>  How can I dump the stream to file in order to open the file with real
>> player or mplayer? Is this possible?
>>

> I'm sure it's 'possible'.  However, because "Real Networks" does not
> document their proprietary RTP payload formats or file formats, it's
> unlikely you'll be able to find out how.
>
> The solution is to give up on using "Real Networks" servers, and use a
> standards-compliant server instead.

Thats great, except for the fact that I have no choice but to use this
particular server for this particular content in this instance. Like when
someone sends you a vital document that just happens to be in a proprietary
format. Sometimes you simply have no choice.

Perhaps I'm being dumb, but I thought that if openRTSP is trying to play the
stream, it would be relatively simple to dump that stream to file. Or am I
missing the point?

Cheers,

Dan.

http://network.nature.com/profile/dan