[Live-devel] RTCP Bye in PassiveServerMediaSession

Brian Marete bgmarete at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:11:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>>  In other words, once I do the above, what else
>> do I have to do to clean up in rebuild again in preparation of
>> streaming the next file?
>
> If you want to keep the existingoutput network connections, and continue
> streaming the next file, then you don't need to make *any* changes to the
> existing code.  In particular, you should *not* be sending any RTCP "BYE"
> packet in this case.

I am looking at the vobstreamer as a starting model for an application
that will stream other codecs (H264, MPEG4) such that the next file
may be very different from the 1st, so that I want the client code to
see the RTCP BYE and re-request a fixed SMS over RTSP so that it can
get a possibly new SDP for the next file.

That is why I want to know how I can clean-up networking and restart
it again after forcing an RTCP BYE. Would very much appreciate your
advice on this.

Thanks Ross.

--
B. Gitonga Marete