[Live-devel] rtsp client and server in the same app

Mat Laibowitz mlaibow.davinci at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 12:56:59 PDT 2008

The problem is the MPEG hardware. I can only have one open connection to
MPEG hardware for both encoding and decoding.
I don't need the client to talk to its local server. I need the client to
talk to a server on a remote device.
So if I have two devices one serves rtsp://ip1:8554/video and connects a
client to rtsp://ip2:8554/video in the same application and the other device
does the opposite.
I think this should be possible. I think they should bind to different
sockets and exists as different tasks in the scheduler.
It is failing at the readSocket command of the RTSP client's sendOptionsCmd
function.
Thanks,
-mat