[Live-devel] SingleStep():select() fails

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 28 16:35:12 PDT 2008

>I'm trying to incorporate the MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource into my
>application.  My application needs to poke a web service to start
>the RTP stream, so RTSP isn't appropriate. I just want to listen to
>the UDP port and capture the stream as it comes in.  I can do this
>in Java by just opening up a DatagramSocket, decoding the RTP
>packets as they stream in, but I'd like to use this library and
>other features of it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your code, but I suggest that you
first start with the "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" demo application -
something that you know already works - and modify that instead.

In particular, in "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp", you will need to
1/ Change "sessionAddressStr" to "", and
2/ Change "rtpPortNum" to 8898.

If that works properly (outputting received MPEG Elementary Stream
video data to "stdout"), then you could then modify it some more, as

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.