[Live-devel] SingleStep():select() fails

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 28 16:35:12 PDT 2008

>I'm trying to incorporate the MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource into my
>application.  My application needs to poke a web service to start
>the RTP stream, so RTSP isn't appropriate. I just want to listen to
>the UDP port and capture the stream as it comes in.  I can do this
>in Java by just opening up a DatagramSocket, decoding the RTP
>packets as they stream in, but I'd like to use this library and
>other features of it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your code, but I suggest that you
first start with the "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" demo application -
something that you know already works - and modify that instead.

In particular, in "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp", you will need to
1/ Change "sessionAddressStr" to "0.0.0.0", and
2/ Change "rtpPortNum" to 8898.

If that works properly (outputting received MPEG Elementary Stream
video data to "stdout"), then you could then modify it some more, as
appropriate.