[Live-devel] Obtaining frames

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 3 12:27:30 PDT 2008

>I'm trying to develop a rtsp client. I have looked the openRTSP example and
>the mplayer part (as you have said in the web).
>
>My doubt is about :
>env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();
>
>So, if I would like to obtain a frame from another thread using the subsession
>should I to stop the event loop or can I obtain the frame calling the
>
>Subsession->readSource()->getNextFrame(...)

Before entering the event loop, you call "startPlaying()" on each
'sink' object.  This starts things running.

You then call "doEventLoop()" to enter the event loop.  You do *not*
return from this function (except to exit the application).  I.e.,
all processing of incoming data happens within the event loop.

Each sink object processes incoming data in the function that it
passed as a parameter to "getNextFrame()".  (This al happens within
the event loop.)