[Live-devel] Obtaining frames

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Sep 3 15:11:29 PDT 2008

A Dimecres 03 Setembre 2008, Ross Finlayson va escriure:
> >  > You then call "doEventLoop()" to enter the event loop.  You do *not*
> >>
> >>  return from this function (except to exit the application).  I.e.,
> >>  all processing of incoming data happens within the event loop.
> >
> >I know it ... but I can create and call this function in one thread, that
> > will be blocked and do calls in from another thread.
>
> No you can't!  Please read the FAQ.  The event loop, and all event
> handlers, must be run within a single thread.

Ok,

I have read the faq, but it's not an easy thing to understand all. It's why I
ask.!!! :-) But if I have a GUI, I have another thread and I have to ask to
this part of code about data, I guess.

> >The main doubt about it is if I can do it and call the
> >Subsession->readSource()->getNextFrame(...),
> >
> >without problems, or should I stop the event loop, and after call the
> >getnextframe and after reengage the loop? or,
>
> No.  You don't stop the event loop.  The call to "getNextFrame()" is
> done within your sink object's (i.e., of the "FramedSink" subclass
> that you will write, to do decoding/rendering) "continuePlaying()"
> virtual function.  This all happens within the event loop.
>
> >should I to derive the taskScheduler class and re implement the
> > doEventLoop,
>
> If your GUI also works using an event loop, then you might wish to
> write your own subclass of "taskScheduler" so that the event loop
> handles both incoming network packets (as it does now), and GUI
> events.  (That's not mandatory, though.)

Ok,

I have to look more inside. Someone publish a tutorial about it [1], but the
url returns a 404.

Thanks ,

Best regards,

Leo