[Live-devel] RTSP authentication using vlc does not work

Peeyush Mishra peeyushduttamishra at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:07:43 PDT 2008

Hi Ross,
I want to implement authentication in our video multicast server ,  I
enabled authentication at server side but when I fire request from vlc
(rtsp://server ip:port/track) , after Describe method  server sends "401
Authorization fails" and then communication fails ...,
 if I try through openRTSP clinet with "-u" flag then it works fine ,,,,
-- what should we do to make it working with vlc client.....

Thanks
Peeyush Mishra