[Live-devel] Capturing video from device

Yedidia Amit amit.yedidia at elbitsystems.com
Thu Sep 4 01:24:24 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am imlementing live RTSP video streaming server which capture video
from live camera, encoded it in hardware and its output are NAL units.
I noticed the DeviceSource template and got some questions about using
it.

1.  Does my flow should be
	DevideSource::doGetNextFrame -> H264Framer ->H264RTPSinc.
2. Does the Framer is source or filter.
3. If my encoder output is NAL units, what is the function of the
framer.
4. what is the functionality that should be given to the
DevideSource::deliverFrame().
5. If my camera got it frame rate  (PAL 25 fps), how do I implemet
different farem rate using the schedualer.

Thank you,

Regards,

Amit Yedidia
Email: amit.yedidia at elbitsystems.com

The information in this e-mail transmission contains proprietary and business
sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may constitute
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the sender
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.