[Live-devel] openRTSP producing bad video files

Mike Mueller mike at subfocal.net
Fri Sep 5 11:33:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 01:43:54PM -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> We don't make available old versions of the code, and offer absolutely no
> support for old versions.  Everyone should work with the newest version
> of the code.

Ok Ross, one more question... Can openRTSP cope with a variable
framerate stream?  If, for example, my encoding hardware can't keep up
and is sending out a stream that changes framerates, is it possible that
openRTSP would produce a file that plays at the wrong speed?

If so, is there anything I can do (besides forcing myself to a lower
framerate) to mitigate this?

Thanks,
Mike

--