[Live-devel] BufferedPacket size of buffer

Guy Bonneau gbonneau at matrox.com
Tue Sep 16 13:14:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

In file MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp the BufferedPacket implementation creates a
fBuf buffer to receive a RTP packet. The size of the fBuf is set to
MAX_PACKET_SIZE which is defined as 10000. This value is much higher than
the MTU size of ethernet which should be close to 1500 bytes. I guess this
is to support other networking like ATM that has maximum MTU size of 9192 ?

Can I assume if the network router I am using to send RTP packet has a
maximum MTU size of 1500 that it is safe to set MAX_PACKET_SIZE to 1500 for
a RTP receiver implementation using the live555 library?

Thanks
Guy Bonneau