[Live-devel] Regarding TS stream pause

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 17 07:56:37 PDT 2008

>I am using livemedia library to send the TS Stream via RTP.(only sending)
>Some times I need to Pause the streaming for few milli seconds.
>Is it possible to do that.?
>According to my receiver's speed I need to adjust the sending.

You should try to provide more buffering in your receiver, because
the streaming should be happening at an appropriate bitrate, ***on average***.

However, if you *really* want to adjust the rate at which the TS data
gets sent, then the best way to do this would be to adjust the
calculation of "fDurationInMicroseconds" in
"liveMedia/MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp".  (As always, though, once
you've made changes to the provided code, you can't expect much more
help on this mailing list.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>